Not sure how to get started with your nomination?
Review the Criteria and Eligibility below.
This award recognizes a library employee or group whose excellent work in marketing over a period of several years, reflecting the importance of publicity for adult programming, given that library programming is central to the role of the library as a community center and to the library as place.
The award recipient shall demonstrate most or all of the following:
- Membership in ILA or employment at an ILA institutional member.
- Employment in an Illinois library.
The nominee's contribution(s) to library marketing or public relations may take the form of:
- Involvement in library public relations and adult programming at the ILA and in other local/regional/national forums.
- Continuing production of exciting and innovative public relation activities for adult programming.
- Demonstrated success at level that is recognized as exemplary over a period of years in library marketing or public relations.
- Nominee is considered a role model by virtue of deeds, actions, ideas, and examples.
The written nomination statement should support one or more of the applicable criteria. Attach any supporting documentation.
Recipient will receive a certificate and a $250 financial award.
Please note that monetary award amounts are subject to change without notice and are contingent upon sponsor funding supplied at the time the award is presented.
The nominator’s statement of support should address all criteria under the individual awards as outlined. Nominator must submit the nomination form and attach all support statements, letters, and documentation, etc. required by the award’s criteria. ILA must receive all nominations by May 15.
Previous Deborah Dowley Preiser Marketing Award winners
2007 no award
2008 Allison Beasley
2009 Miriam Lytle
2010 Alissa Williams
2011 Nicolette M. Seidl
2012 Tina Viglucci
2013 Trisha Noack
2014 Sue Wilsey
2015 Jan Oblinger
2016 Catherine Bailey
2017 Christina Janiczek
2018 Sasha Vasilic
2019 Chris Renkosiak
2020 Pamela Salomone
2021 Linda Vering