Participation in this group insurance pool is an effective way to save your library money in property and casualty premiums, as well as controlling your own destiny through managing risk and sharing in significant savings.
Since its inception on December 31st, 2013, LIRA has provided an alternative way for Illinois libraries to purchase their property, liability, and workers compensation insurance by providing a platform to group purchase and pool their insurance.
LIRA is accomplishing what it set out to do: provide its membership leverage and buying power in the insurance market. It continues to control insurance costs and provide dramatically improved coverage, limits, training, loss control, and overall risk management services to Illinois Libraries. Since 2013, the membership has nearly tripled, with 60 members in 2021. Recently, LIRA breached another significant milestone insuring over $1 billion in total insured value throughout the state of Illinois.
Hear from satisfied members:
- Tina Hubert, Six Mile Regional Library District, Granite City
- Paul Mills, Fountaindale Public Library District, Bolingbrook
- Julie Milavec, Downers Grove Public Library
- Samantha Johnson, Roselle Public Library District
As a successful alternative in the insurance marketplace, LIRA will continue to provide Illinois libraries an improved insurance alternative.
- Savings over conventional insurance programs
- Broader coverage and increased limits
- More control over claims
- Premium stability
- Potential return of surplus