Maintains a continuing education program and information network for library trustees and encourages citizens’ use and support of libraries.
- Resolution in Memory of Rose E. Mosley
- September 19, 2019
- It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of one of our members, Rose E. Mosley. A resolution for Rose, written by Peggy Danhof, is available to read here.
- Join Us For Trustee Day!
- August 19, 2019
- Join us for a full day of programming just for you at the 2019 ILA Annual Conference! Trustee Day will be held from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 24 at the Tinley Park Convention Center. The day will begin with a co…
- Debbie Smart, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, Named Trustee of the Year
- July 16, 2019
- Debbie Smart, President of the Board of Library Trustees at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, is the 2019 Illinois Library Association (ILA) Trustee of the Year Award Recipient. This annual citation is awarded to a public library trustee for ac…
Thursday, Oct 24, 2019 8:00am–4:00pm
Saturday, Nov 16, 2019 10:00am–12:00pm
Brookfield Public Library, 3609 Grand Blvd., Brookfield, IL 60513
Saturday, Jan 18, 2020 10:00am–12:00pm
Maywood Public Library, 121 S 5th Ave, Maywood, IL 60153
The ILA Library Trustee Forum newsletter, The Trusty Trustee, serves as a resource for the ILA trustee community (members and non-members) by providing the latest education, information, and news to help trustees successfully perform their duties.
The fourth edition of the Trustee Facts File is meant to provide a broad overview of the duties, responsibilities, and tasks of the public library trustee. Available via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple sites for download to Kindle, Nook, and iPad.
This useful resource contains information on annexation, charitable giving, fee calculation, ordinances, grant planning, and more. This material was published on CD-ROM, and was made possible by grant funding provided by The Illinois State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State using federal LSTA funding.
Other Trustee Information
- Resources for Trustees
- Illinois Libraries Today (PDF 4.1 MB)
- Illinois Public Library Statistics
- The Internet and Our Children (PDF 3.2 MB)
- Library Advocacy (PDF .1 MB)
- Privacy and Confidentiality (PDF .4 MB)
- Serving Our Public (PDF .4 MB)
- Jay Kasten, Manager Trustee at Vernon Area Public Library District
- Joe Filapek, Board liaison Trustee at Aurora Public Library
- Carol Vaughan Kissane, Member Brookfield Public Library
- Donald L. Roalkvam, Member Indian Trails Public Library District
- Dorothy Clark-Smith, Member Bellwood Public Library
- Lila Marek, Member Bridgeview Public Library
- Lynn DeSmidt, Member Trustee at Bartlett Public Library District
- Percy Harris, Member Trustee at Homewood Public Library
- Kathryn Lind Caudill, Manager-Elect Ela Area Public Library District
- Margaret J. Danhof, Past Manager Fountaindale Public Library District
- Cyndi Robinson, Staff liaison Deputy Director at Illinois Library Association
- Richard Corbett, Secretary Fox River Valley Public Library District