- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
To make payments online for previuosly placed iREAD orders, please see our FAQ page.
WHO Is iREAD? Librarians are creators AND users of the program; readers of all ages infant through adult participate each year; and renowned illustrators create artwork for our materials.
WHAT Is iREAD? A flexible, nonprofit reading program designed by librarians featuring appealing incentives, compelling and adaptable themes, and a comprehensive resource guide chock full of ideas and reproducibles.
WHEN Is iREAD? The 2024 program, with the theme Read, Renew, Repeat will be available in early fall of 2023. Advanced orders of the 2024 Resource Guide will start shipping as early as November. Although originally designed as a summer reading program, iREAD can be used any time to develop excitement about books and reading.
WHERE Is iREAD? Developed by the Illinois Library Association, the program is adopted in other states including Alaska, California, Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Washington, and worldwide by the Department of Defense for libraries on military bases. iREAD is implemented in thousands of individual libraries across the country. Bring iREAD to YOUR library!
WHY Should I Use iREAD? iREAD is run by ILA, a nonprofit entity; revenues are used to support libraries. There are NO membership fees, contracts, or commitments necessary. iREAD is flexible; you can use the art in perpetuity after purchase. We provide themed templates for any commonly used registration software package such as Beanstack, Evanced, and others. We have a proven track record of success since 1982!
HOW Can I Participate in iREAD? Visit www.ireadprogram.org to view our themed materials, browse or search for incentives, access the online store, connect with us on social media, and learn more about this program. Or, contact us at email@example.com.
Stay up to date
For updates and all the latest summer reading news, sign up for the iREAD Newsletter!