IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
Any ILA member can join IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by joining ILA and checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. (Membership in ALA or ACRL not required.)
- RAILS/IACRL Networking Event at Prairie State College on November 12
- October 10, 2018
- Connect with academic library colleagues in your area! On Monday, November 12, 9:30-noon, RAILS and IACRL will host a networking event at Prairie State College in Chicago Heights, Illinois. This event is open to all academic librarians and will featu…
- Message from IACRL President Eric Edwards
- October 1, 2018
- Eric Edwards, Illinois State Library As the incoming President of IACRL, I would like to thank you for your interest in the organization and inform you of some upcoming opportunities. Many of you are aware that IACRL did not hold a stand-alone confer…
- ILA Conference Preview
- October 1, 2018
- Emily Gilbert, Rasmussen College Registration is still open for the ILA Annual Conference! This year the conference will run from October 9-11, with the preconference on October 8, and it will be held at the Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois. T…
Tuesday, Nov 6, 2018 9:30am–12:00pm
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
Monday, Nov 12, 2018 9:30am–12:00pm
Prairie State College Library, 202 S. Halsted St., Chicago Heights, IL 60411
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Carolyn Ciesla, President Prairie State College
- Eric Anthony Edwards, President-Elect Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Ariel Orlov, Secretary/Treasurer Manager of Library Services and Distance Education Librarian at Adler University
- Lindsay Harmon, Past President Adult Services Librarian at Naperville Public Library
- Lindsay Harmon, Awards Committee Chair Adult Services Librarian at Naperville Public Library
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Conference/Continuing Education Committee Chair Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Nestor L. Osorio, Membership Committee Chair Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Lindsay Harmon, Nominating Committee Chair Adult Services Librarian at Naperville Public Library
- Carl Lehnen, Communications Committee Chair Reference & Liaison Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Gwen Gregory, ACRL Chapters Council Representative Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago