The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
Any ILA member can join IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by joining ILA and checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. (Membership in ALA or ACRL not required.)
- June 12 ACRL webinar viewing at UIS
- May 20, 2019
- The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) and the University of Illinois Springfield’s Brookens Library are pleased to host a FREE viewing of the Association of College and Research Libraries webinar R…
- Reminder: Nominations for Illinois Library Association Awards and Scholarships Due Wednesday, May 15
- May 15, 2019
- (via the Illinois Library Association) Today is the last day to nominate a colleague, manager, mentor, or yourself for a 2019 ILA Award. The ILA Awards Program recognizes and honors the BEST in librarianship and library service in Illinois. We e…
- IACRL 2019 Election Results
- May 7, 2019
- Congratulations to Sue Franzen, Nursing & Health Sciences Librarian at Illinois State University, who has been elected as the Vice President/President-Elect and Heather Jagman, Coordinator of Reference, Instruction, and Academic Engagement and Li…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email email@example.com with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Eric Anthony Edwards, President Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, President-Elect Outreach and Reference Librarian at Methodist College
- Carl Lehnen, Secretary/Treasurer Reference & Liaison Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Carolyn Ciesla, Past President Prairie State College
- Carolyn Ciesla, Awards Committee Chair Prairie State College
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, Conference/Continuing Education Committee Chair Outreach and Reference Librarian at Methodist College
- Nestor L. Osorio, Membership Committee Chair Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Carolyn Ciesla, Nominating Committee Chair Prairie State College
- Krista A. Bowers Sharpe, Communications Committee Chair Coordinator of Reference Service at Western Illinois University
- Reina Williams, Board liaison Librarian at Rush University Medical Center
- Cyndi Robinson, Staff liaison Deputy Director at Illinois Library Association