The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
Any ILA member can join IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by joining ILA and checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. (Membership in ALA or ACRL not required.)
- Call for Presenters: Fall RAILS/IACRL Online Event on Promoting the Value of Libraries (Deadline Friday, Aug. 30)
- August 16, 2019
- (via Dan Bostrom, Reaching Across Illinois Library System) This fall, in conjunction with the My Library Is campaign, RAILS and IACRL will co-host an online event to help academic libraries promote and articulate their value. To help with this …
- Illinois Library Association Announces "IACRL @ ILA" Track at ILA Annual Conference
- July 22, 2019
- (via the Illinois Library Association) Join us for programming created just for academic library professionals at this year's ILA Annual Conference. The conference will be held October 22-24, 2019, at the Tinley Park Convention Center in Ti…
- UIC's Gwen Gregory is 2019 Illinois Academic Librarian of the Year
- July 11, 2019
- Gwen Gregory, the Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian at the University of Illinois at Chicago’s Daley Library, is the 2019 recipient of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) Illinois Academic Librarian of the Year Award. The award, …
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Eric Anthony Edwards, President Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, President-Elect Outreach and Reference Librarian at Methodist College
- Carl Lehnen, Secretary/Treasurer Reference & Liaison Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Carolyn Ciesla, Past President Prairie State College
- Carolyn Ciesla, Awards Committee Chair Prairie State College
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, Conference/Continuing Education Committee Chair Outreach and Reference Librarian at Methodist College
- Nestor L. Osorio, Membership Committee Chair Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Carolyn Ciesla, Nominating Committee Chair Prairie State College
- Krista A. Bowers Sharpe, Communications Committee Chair Coordinator of Reference Service at Western Illinois University
- Reina Williams, Board liaison Librarian at Rush University Medical Center
- Cyndi Robinson, Staff liaison Deputy Director at Illinois Library Association