IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
- NN/LM – GMR Seeking Host Sites for MLA webinars
- June 25, 2017
- (via Derek Johnson, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region) Health information professionals are encouraged to take advantage Medical Library Association (MLA) webinars, which the GMR sponsors at institutions across …
- Registration Open for Colloquium on Libraries & Service Learning (August 7-8)
- June 25, 2017
- (via Jennifer Nutefall, University Librarian at Santa Clara University) What can service learning professionals learn from @Google? How can you transform undergraduates by interweaving cultural competence and information literacy? What stage is your …
- Upcoming NNLM Course–“Big Data in Healthcare: Exploring Emerging Roles” (July 24-Sept. 24)
- June 24, 2017
- (via Derek Johnson, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region) The National Network of Librarians of Medicine (NNLM) invites you to participate in “Big Data in Healthcare: Exploring Emerging Roles”. This cou…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Become a member
All ILA members can become members of IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. Requests for applications can be made directly to ILA at email@example.com or (312) 644-1896.
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email email@example.com with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Lindsay Harmon, President Instruction & Outreach Librarian at Lewis University Library
- Carolyn Ciesla, President-Elect Prairie State College
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Secretary/Treasurer Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Gwen Gregory, Past President Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago