The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
Any ILA member can join IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by joining ILA and checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. (Membership in ALA or ACRL not required.)
- CANCELLED: Copyright Webinar at Northern Illinois University Scheduled for Friday, December 6
- December 5, 2019
- (via Michelle Nielsen Ott, IACRL President) Due to low registration numbers, IACRL has decided to cancel the showing of the ACRL webinar "Copyright and Course Reserves: Print Reserves”, which was scheduled for tomorrow, December 6, at Nor…
- Reminder: IACRL Hosting ACRL Webinar on Copyright, at Northern Illinois University (Friday, December 6, at 9:00 AM)
- December 3, 2019
- (via Michelle Nielsen Ott, IACRL President) Join us at the NIU Founders Memorial Library for an ACRL webinar “Copyright and Course Reserves: Print Reserves” on Friday, December 6, starting at 9:00 AM. Light breakfast refreshments wil…
- IACRL to Host Free ACRL Webinar on Copyright (Friday, December 6, at Northern Illinois University, Beginning at 9:00 AM)
- November 19, 2019
- (via Michelle Nielsen Ott, IACRL President) Join us at Northern Illinois University's Founders Memorial Library for an ACRL webinar, “Copyright and Course Reserves: Print Reserves”, on Friday, December 6, starting at 9:00 AM. Light breakf…
Monday, Jan 13, 2020 9:00am–10:00am
Monday, Feb 10, 2020 9:00am–10:00am
Monday, Mar 9, 2020 9:00am–10:00am
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email email@example.com with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, President Director of Library Services at Methodist College
- Susan R. Franzen, President-Elect Nursing and Health Sciences Librarian at Illinois State University
- Heather Jagman, Secretary/Treasurer Librarian at DePaul University Library
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Past President Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Awards Committee Chair Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Susan R. Franzen, Conference/Continuing Education Committee Chair Nursing and Health Sciences Librarian at Illinois State University
- Nestor L. Osorio, Membership Committee Chair Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Nominating Committee Chair Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Krista A. Bowers Sharpe, Communications Committee Chair Coordinator of Reference Service at Western Illinois University
- Reina Williams, Board liaison Manager of Research and Instruction at Rush University Medical Center
- Cyndi Robinson, Staff liaison Deputy Director at Illinois Library Association