The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
Any ILA member can join IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by joining ILA and checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. (Membership in ALA or ACRL not required.)
IACRL 2020 Election
The IACRL Nominating Committee has announced the 2020 candidates for election to the IACRL Board. The polls will open electronically April 1 and close April 30. Please note: You must be a personal member of ILA in order to vote. Please be sure your membership is current no later than March 31.
- Publications by Illinois Academic Librarians: October 2019 to February 2020
- March 20, 2020
- compiled by Emily Gilbert, Rasmussen College, and Krista Bowers Sharpe, Western Illinois University Annesley, T., Anderson, K., Cochran, A., Crotty, D., Gallagher, R., & Hinchliffe, Lisa J. (2019). Challenges facing society journals. Clinical Che…
- Call for 2020 ILA Award Nominations
- March 20, 2020
- by Jill Harper, Heartland Community College Gwen Gregory, 2019 Illinois Academic Librarian of the Year and JJ Pionke, 2019 Winner of Crosman Memorial Award Each year, the ILA presents awards to the information professionals nominated by their colleag…
- Message from the President
- March 20, 2020
- I had a very different President’s Message prepared to send out but then the CoVID -19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic struck. I am not sure I have used the term “unprecedented times” so many times. The Illinois Library Association has…
Monday, Apr 13, 2020 9:00am–10:00am
Thursday, Apr 23, 2020 12:00pm–1:00pm
Monday, May 11, 2020 9:00am–10:00am
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, President Director of Library Services at Methodist College
- Susan R. Franzen, President-Elect Nursing and Health Sciences Librarian at Illinois State University
- Heather Jagman, Secretary/Treasurer Librarian at DePaul University Library
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Past President Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Awards Committee Chair Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Susan R. Franzen, Conference/Continuing Education Committee Chair Nursing and Health Sciences Librarian at Illinois State University
- Nestor L. Osorio, Membership Committee Chair Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Nominating Committee Chair Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Krista A. Bowers Sharpe, Communications Committee Chair Coordinator of Reference Service at Western Illinois University