The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
Any ILA member can join IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by joining ILA and checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. (Membership in ALA or ACRL not required.)
- Registration Open for "My Library Is..." Online Roundtable for Academic Libraries (10:00-11:30 AM on Nov. 5)
- September 30, 2019
- (via Dan Bostrom, Reaching Across Illinois Library System) My Library Is... Online Roundtable for Academic Libraries Share tips, ideas, and best practices relevant to promoting the value of your academic library. On Tuesday, November 5, 10:00-11:30 A…
- Publications by Illinois Academic Librarians: March to August 2019
- September 20, 2019
- Compiled by Emily Gilbert, Rasmussen College Ahrens, Aric. (2019). Depository designations. DttP: A Quarterly Journal of Government Information Practice & Perspective, 47(1), 7-14. Becks, Courtney. (2019). Amos Paul Kennedy, Jr., letterpres…
- Member Spotlight: Tracy Ruppman
- September 20, 2019
- Tracy Ruppman Interviewed by Emily Gilbert, Rasmussen College IACRL: How did you decide to pursue librarianship? Tracy Ruppman: I didn’t really decide; it just sort of happened. Or maybe I was destined for it, and I hadn’t known it…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Eric Anthony Edwards, President Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, President-Elect Outreach and Reference Librarian at Methodist College
- Carl Lehnen, Secretary/Treasurer Reference & Liaison Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Carolyn Ciesla, Past President Prairie State College
- Carolyn Ciesla, Awards Committee Chair Prairie State College
- Michelle Nielsen Ott, Conference/Continuing Education Committee Chair Outreach and Reference Librarian at Methodist College
- Nestor L. Osorio, Membership Committee Chair Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Carolyn Ciesla, Nominating Committee Chair Prairie State College
- Krista A. Bowers Sharpe, Communications Committee Chair Coordinator of Reference Service at Western Illinois University
- Reina Williams, Board liaison Manager of Research and Instruction at Rush University Medical Center
- Cyndi Robinson, Staff liaison Deputy Director at Illinois Library Association