IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
Any ILA member can join IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by joining ILA and checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. (Membership in ALA or ACRL not required.)
- IACRL Forming Virtual Journal-Discussion Group
- June 26, 2018
- The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries is seeking to form a virtual journal-discussion club. The club would meet online once a month (or at a different frequency, depending on member preferences and availability) to discuss journa…
- IACRL Election Results
- May 9, 2018
- PRESIDENT-ELECTMichelle Nielsen Ott, Methodist College - ElectedNestor L. Osorio, Northern Illinois UniversitySECRETARYCarl Lehnen, University of Illinois at Chicago- ElectedMallory Sajewski, Western Illinois University
- IACRL and UIC Hosting Viewing of ACRL Webinar "Essentials of Usability Design for Library Research Guides" at Daley Library on June 7
- May 8, 2018
- The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) and the University of Illinois at Chicago’s Richard J. Daley Library are pleased to host a viewing of the Association of College and Research Libraries webinar “Essentials…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Carolyn Ciesla, President Prairie State College
- Eric Anthony Edwards, President-Elect Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Ariel Orlov, Secretary/Treasurer Manager of Library Services and Distance Education Librarian at Adler University
- Lindsay Harmon, Past President Adult Services Librarian at Naperville Public Library
- Lindsay Harmon, Awards Committee Chair Adult Services Librarian at Naperville Public Library
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Conference/Continuing Education Committee Chair Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Nestor L. Osorio, Membership Committee Chair Northern Illinois University Libraries
- Lindsay Harmon, Nominating Committee Chair Adult Services Librarian at Naperville Public Library
- Carl Lehnen, Communications Committee Chair Reference & Liaison Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Gwen Gregory, ACRL Chapters Council Representative Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago