IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
- IACRL Seeking Committee Volunteers
- August 18, 2017
- (via Carolyn Ciesla, IACRL Vice-President/President-Elect) Are you looking for an opportunity to connect with your library peers at the state level? Do you want to play an important role in helping the Illinois Association of College and Research Lib…
- 4 Questions with Lian Ruan, Illinois Academic Librarian of the Year
- August 4, 2017
- Dr. Lian Ruan is the 2017 recipient of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) Illinois Academic Librarian of the Year Award. Ruan is past President (2015-2016) and current Executive Director of the Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA).…
- Charleston Conference Call for Papers Open Through Friday, July 14
- July 8, 2017
- (via Elizabeth Clarage, CARLI) The 2017 Charleston Conference call for papers, panels, speakers, poster sessions, and other events still open through Friday, July 14. Charleston Conference: Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition is an annual conf…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Become a member
All ILA members can become members of IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. Requests for applications can be made directly to ILA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 644-1896.
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Lindsay Harmon, President Instruction & Outreach Librarian at Lewis University Library
- Carolyn Ciesla, President-Elect Prairie State College
- Eric Anthony Edwards, Secretary/Treasurer Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Gwen Gregory, Past President Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago