IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
- Apply for the MLA/Midwest Chapter First-Time Attendee Grant
- April 27, 2017
- (via Abigail Goben, University of Illinois at Chicago) Are you thinking about attending your first MLA/Midwest Chapter meeting? If you have a master’s degree in library/information science and have never attended a Midwest Chapter Annual Meetin…
- Call for Applications: Sewell Fund Stipends for the 2017 AACP Annual Meeting (Deadline Monday, May 15)
- April 27, 2017
- (via Charlotte Beyer, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science) Stipends will be available for librarians who work directly with pharmacy educators and pharmacy students to attend the 2017 annual conference of the American Association of …
- Reminder: Registration Open for June 9 Social Sciences Librarians Boot Camp
- April 27, 2017
- (via Dianne Brown, Tufts University) Registration for the Social Sciences Librarians Boot Camp is now open. Regular registration is $60; the student rate is $30. The seventh annual Social Sciences Li…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Become a member
All ILA members can become members of IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. Requests for applications can be made directly to ILA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 644-1896.
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Gwen Gregory, President Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Lindsay Harmon, President Instruction & Outreach Librarian at Lewis University Library