IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
- Save the Date: HSLI Annual Conference, October 25-27
- March 23, 2017
- (via the HSLI Conference Planning Committee) Join us for the Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) Annual Conference from Wednesday, October 25, to Friday, October 27, at the Chateau Hotel and Conference Center in Bloomington, Illinois. The th…
- Registration Open for Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference in Oak Brook (June 8-9)
- March 23, 2017
- (via Margaret Chambers, CARLI) Registration is now OPEN! Reserve your space for the 4th Annual Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Oak Brook, IL on June 8–9, 2017. Schedule in brief: Thursday, June 8, 201…
- NN/LM – GMR Holding Funding Webinar From 1:00 to 2:00 PM on March 21
- March 21, 2017
- (via Molly Olmstead, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region) Partner with Us: Health Sciences Libraries Webinar today, March 21, 2017 2pm (Eastern) / 1pm (Central) Visit the GMR website to register and receive connec…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Become a member
All ILA members can become members of IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. Requests for applications can be made directly to ILA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 644-1896.
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Gwen Gregory, President Resource Acquisition and Management Librarian at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Lindsay Harmon, President Instruction & Outreach Librarian at Lewis University Library