IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
- 17th Annual Information Literacy Summit: An Interview with Tish Hayes
- March 12, 2018
- By Andrea JakubasIllinois Institute of Technology The 17th Annual Information Literacy Summit, presented by DePaul University Library and Moraine Valley Community College Library, will be held on Friday, April 20, 2018 on the Moraine Valley Community…
- Health Science Librarians of Illinois Update
- March 12, 2018
- Eric EdwardsIllinois State Library The Health Science Librarians of Illinois had a busy fall, with their Annual Conference taking place in Bloomington from October 25 to 27. The theme of the event was “The Times Are Changing,” with a focu…
- Meet the new ILA Executive Director: Diane Foote
- March 12, 2018
- Emily GilbertRasmussen College IACRL: Congratulations on your new role as the ILA Executive Director! For those who may not be familiar, could you share a little about what the Executive Director does? Diane Foote: Thank you! I'm happy to provide som…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Become a member
All ILA members can become members of IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. Requests for applications can be made directly to ILA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 644-1896.
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Carolyn Ciesla, President Prairie State College
- Eric Anthony Edwards, President-Elect Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Ariel Orlov, Secretary/Treasurer Manager of Library Services and Distance Education Librarian at Adler University
- Lindsay Harmon, Past President Instruction & Outreach Librarian at Lewis University Library