IACRL is a chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries
The Illinois Association of College and Research Libraries (IACRL) is a forum of the Illinois Library Association (ILA) and a chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). For the purposes of this forum, academic libraries include college, community, technical and junior colleges and university libraries as well as research libraries not affiliated with academic institutions.
- Reminder: Applications for 2018 ACRL Scholarly Communications RoadShow Due Nov. 17
- November 4, 2017
- (via Chase Ollis, ACRL) Academic and research librarians increasingly recognize scholarly communication as a core competency of the profession. Whether helping researchers meet their funder’s mandates for public access and data sharing, guiding…
- ILA 2017: Presentations and Posters Featuring Illinois Academic Librarians
- October 9, 2017
- Krista Bowers SharpeWestern Illinois University Note: Presenters whose names are in bold currently work at Illinois academic or research libraries. Tuesday, October 10 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM Re-Sourcing Your Resources: Working With What You H…
- Dinner with (IACRL) Colleagues at ILA Annual Conference
- October 6, 2017
- (via Lindsay Harmon, IACRL President) Are you attending the ILA Annual Conference in Tinley Park? Join your academic library colleagues for dinner at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, October 10, at Gatto’s Italian Restaurant! Sign up here. Those w…
The mission of the IACRL is to promote the interests of academic libraries and the personnel of those libraries; to enhance the abilities of academic library personnel to identify and meet the information needs of current and potential library users; to develop and promote leadership to the academic library community.
Goals and objectives
- To contribute to the professional and career development of all academic library personnel
- To enhance the capabilities of Illinois libraries to serve the needs of their users
- To promote and speak for the interests of academic libraries
- To promote study, research and dissemination of information relevant to academic librarianship
- To promote and foster cooperation and communication among the members of IACRL, the academic community, and other organizations with common interests
- To support and protect intellectual freedom in academic libraries
- To honor the contribution of individuals who enhance academic libraries in Illinois
Become a member
All ILA members can become members of IACRL by updating your ILA forum preferences. Non-members of ILA can become members by checking the IACRL Forum box on the ILA membership application. Requests for applications can be made directly to ILA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 644-1896.
Keep in touch! Stay informed and join our listserv! The IACRL listserv is an unmoderated discussion group, consisting primarily of occasional announcements about IACRL and upcoming events.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your information, please visit http://list.railslibraries.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/iacrl.
To post a message to all list members, email email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word help in the subject or body for additional list maintenance options.
IACRL job board
Our By-Laws were approved by the membership on October 27, 1997 and were amended on October 17, 2000, April 1, 2014, and October 8, 2009. View a full HTML version of the IACRL by-laws online.
- Carolyn Ciesla, President Prairie State College
- Eric Anthony Edwards, President-Elect Interlibrary Loan Librarian at Illinois State Library
- Ariel Orlov, Secretary/Treasurer Manager of Library Services and Distance Education Librarian at Adler University
- Lindsay Harmon, Past President Instruction & Outreach Librarian at Lewis University Library