Administers the awards and recognition program of the association annually; publicizes the awards to attract qualified nominees; selects association-wide award winners.
Committee membership is limited to not more than ten personal members, in addition to the co-chairs, representing diverse types of libraries. Members serve two-year, staggered terms with up to five members being appointed each year.
The co-chairs serve a two-year, staggered term: the first year is to learn from lead co-chair and the second is to be the lead co-chair. Co-chairs will not start on the same year. One new co-chair will be added each year. All persons commenting or voting in the ILA awards process will recuse themselves from participating in the process of any award for which they have been nominated or the process of any award for which they have a conflict of interest.
- Amber Creger, Chair Youth Department Director at Schaumburg Township District Library
- Tina Louise Happ, Member Pritzker Military Museum & Library
- Mikael Jacobsen, Member Skokie Public Library
- Kristine Kenney, Member Deputy Director of Public Services at Poplar Creek Public Library District
- Kara Kohn, Member Head of Reference and Reader Services at Plainfield Public Library District
- John Laubersheimer, Member Clinical Assistant Professor/Instructional Services Librarian at University of Illinois at Springfield
- Neena Nagpal, Member Prairie Trails Public Library District
- Lynnanne Pearson, Member Skokie Public Library
- Sharon Ruda, Member Talking Book and Braille Service (Illinois State Library)
- Anjelica Rufus-Barnes, Member Student at Dominican University SOIS
- Tim P. Jarzemsky, Board liaison Library Director at Bloomingdale Public Library