Illinois Governor Pritzker signed Public Act 101-0001, the Lifting Up Illinois Working Families Act, into law on February 20, 2019. This law raises the minimum wage in the state of Illinois to $15 per hour by 2025. This collection of resources is designed to inform librarians, and aid in determining how the new law will affect libraries. This collection will be continually developed as we monitor the progress of implementation of Illinois' new minimum wage. If you have a resource to suggest, please email ILA Executive Director Diane Foote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ILA Online Q&A Session Archive, 2/19/19
ILA Alert Legislative Updates
- Legislative Update, 2/14/19
- Legislative Update: Minimum Wage, 2/7/19 (includes phase-in period, tax credit information, and part-time teen worker exemptions)
HR Source (formerly Management Association)
- Compensation consultations for HR Source members
- HR Source made a presentation to LACONI on 5/31/19; contact HR Source with questions.
Reaching Forward South
- Ryan A. Franklin from the Illinois State Library and Michael Baumann from Toulon Public Library made an excellent presentation at Reaching Forward South on 5/17/19, including a sample salary worksheet.