- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Join an IACRL Committee! IACRL is seeking members for all committees. This year we are specifically in need of members to serve on the Membership committee and to chair various committees. Serving on a committee is a great way to meet other Illinois academic library workers and donate time to the community.
Committee members are appointed for three-year terms, and the time commitment is around 1-2 hours per month, sometimes less. Chairs are appointed for one-year terms and can expect a time commitment around 2-3 hours per month.
The committee descriptions are below:
Conference and Continuing Education Committee
The committee shall provide workshops, conferences, symposium, classes and other educational experiences for members.
The committee shall actively recruit and promote membership engagement and retention in IACRL. The committee shall work with the Vice President/President Elect to identify volunteers to serve on committees.
The committee shall publish a newsletter at least twice a year (during the Fall and Spring). The general and managing editors shall be elected by the committee. The committee shall be responsible for the maintenance of the IACRL web site.
The committee shall be responsible for the award of Illinois Academic Librarian of the Year and for any other awards the association deems appropriate. The committee shall submit award decisions to the Executive Committee.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The committee works to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within Illinois academic libraries.