Reminder: Early-Bird Registration for Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference (June 8-9) Ends May 26April 29, 2017
(via Margaret Chambers, CARLI)
Are you planning to attend the 4th Annual Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference on June 8-9, 2017? Register by Friday, May 26, to take advantage of the lower registration fee. The $95 registration fee will increase to $125 after May 26. Remember to book your hotel room soon. The special room rate at the DoubleTree Hotel in Oak Brook, IL will be available until Thursday, May 18, or until the rooms in the group block are sold out, whichever comes first.
Schedule in Brief
Thursday, June 8
- 12:30 to 1:30 PM—OCLC resource-sharing update
- 1:45 to 3:30 PM (including break)—lightning Rounds
- 3:30 to 4:30 PM—”The Contemporary Academic Library Resource Sharing Mission: Fragmentation or Evolution?”
- 5:00 to 6:00 PM—opening reception and trivia contest
- 6:00 PM and later—dine-arounds or dinner on your own
Friday, June 9—8:00 AM to 3:45 PM
- keynote address: “History Has Its Eyes on You: Lighthouse and Libraries Weathering Storms of Change”—given by Corey Seeman, Director of Kresge Library Services (Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor) and manager of A Library Writer’s Blog
- three tracks of concurrent sessions (see below)
- breakfast, lunch, and breaks included
- “CARLI’s Patron Driven Acquisitions Project for Print Materials: A Review of a Consortial Project”
- “Strength in Numbers: Demonstrating Value During Times of Change”
- “Strengthening Workflows: Developing an Improved Staffing Model to Weather the Winds of Change”
- “Trying to Jump-Start Collaborative Collection Development: Finding Simple Methods for Effective Cooperation”
- And many more! See the conference website for a full list.
The conference registration fee is $95 ($125 for registration after May 26) and includes all sessions, in addition to the reception on Thursday and breakfast and lunch on Friday. Join your resource-sharing partners in harnessing the winds of change! For hotel reservations and other information, visit the conference website.