ILA Executive Board Determines Position on Key Legislative BillsFebruary 10, 2015
ILA Executive Board determined two general policy positions that would be applicable to several bills included in the Illinois General Assembly as well as many similar bills that are anticipated to be filed.
- Oppose any legislation that would reduce the Local Government Distributive Formula funding to municipalities and counties, and oppose any legislation that would reduce the Corporate Personal Property Replacement Tax funding to units of local government.
- Oppose any legislation that would reduce the ability of local libraries to levy or collect real property taxes.
To guide the association in reviewing various pension bills, ILA Executive Board added a fourth guiding principle to existing guiding principles, which are as follows:
(1) oppose legislation that alters an employee's already earned pension benefit;
(2) support proposals that include true employee choice;
(3) support applying any proposed pension reform proposal universally and equally to all state and local pension plans; and THE NEW ADDITION