NN/LM - GMR Seeking Site Sponsors for MLA WebinarsJanuary 16, 2017
(via Molly Olmstead, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region)
For each of three upcoming Medical Library Association webinars, the GMR will sponsor the registration cost for up to two sites per state in the Region. Since a limited number of sites can be sponsored, please work with your state and local health science librarian groups to identify centralized locations. Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, January 17. First consideration will be given to those applications received before Friday, January 27.
The following webinars are available for sponsorship in the Spring Quarter of 2017.
- "Flexing Your Powerhouse Librarian Muscles: The Foundations of Effective Project Management"--Tuesday, January 31, 1:00-2:00 PM CST
- "Searching with Ease: A Guide to Effective and Efficient Searches"--Wednesday, February 8, 1:00-2:00 PM CST
- "Finding Grey Lit for Systematic Reviews"--Friday, March 22, 1:00-2:00 PM CST
- Download and/or print a copy of the MLA Webinar application form.
- Complete the form and sign the bottom of the form.
- Do not mark any of the boxes related to registration fees.
- Do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
- Do not send the form to MLA.
- Fax or email the completed form to:
Administrative Services Coordinator
Fax (319) 353-3752
Email the GMR Office (link sends e-mail)
IMPORTANT: With your form, please describe how many attendees you expect to draw at your location and how you plan to promote this webinar to those in your area.
Site selection is based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Please note that the GMR covers the cost for Site Registration only, not Individual Registration.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) MLA membership. Additional point(s) are available for leading wrap-around sessions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been spent. Awardees will be notified once approved, based on funding criteria.
If you have any questions, please contact the GMR Office (link sends e-mail).