Early-Bird Registration for Northwest ILL and Resource Sharing Conference Closes August 12August 12, 2016
(via Jessica Bower, Chapman University)
The early-bird registration deadline for the 2016 Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference is Friday, August 12. Attendees who register by that date will pay $175; after August 12, registration increases to $225. This year’s conference will take place on Thursday, September 8, and Friday September 9, at Portland Community College’s Sylvania Campus in Portland, Oregon. Some of the highlights of this year’s program are below.
- library tours on September 7–register for tours of the Oregon Health and Science University Library, Federal Courthouse Library, and Pacific Northwest College of Art Library (this is a new event)
- “Professional Development for Student Employees: Creating and Supporting a Learning Culture”–Kate Ball Jones
- “Copyright and Fair Use: What it Means and How to Educate Library Users”–panel discussion with Aaron Schwabach, Mari Cheney, and James MacDonald
- “What Do They Know? The ILL Usability Project at Reed College”–Eric Alwine, Annie Downey, and Joe J. Marquez
- the popular “Ask Anything” and “Lightning Round” sessions
The keynote speaker at this year’s conference will be Char Booth, who is Associate Dean of the Library at California State University, San Marcos, and is also an ACRL Immersion Institute faculty member.