Register Now for the ILA Annual Conference and save $50!!!September 20, 2022
I hope you will join me for the ILA Annual Conference is taking place on October 18 – 20 in Rosemont. If you register by Sept. 26 (for the entire conference or for Trustee Day) you will save $50!
Top Ten Reasons for Library Trustees to Attend the ILA Annual Conference:
- Facilitating better meetings and increasing community involvement (Tuesday, 10:45 – 11:45 am)
- Learning valuable advocacy skills (Tuesday, 2:45 – 3:45 pm), putting those skills into practice (Tuesday, 4 – 5 pm), and hearing Legislators’ advocacy tips and tricks (Wednesday, 3 – 4 pm)
- Exploring fundraising ideas including forming a Foundation (Wednesday, 9 – 10 am) and how to get started with various fundraising tools (Wednesday, 1:45 – 2:45 pm)
- Encouraging Library workers to run for Library Boards and School Boards (Thursday, 9 – 10 am)
- Answering the question - Why should the tax levy be easy for Trustees but a little harder for Library Directors? (Thursday, 9 – 10 am)
- Learning what to expect if your Library forms a Union (Thursday, 9 – 10 am)
- Listening to Attorneys advise on the First Amendment and Illinois Libraries (Wednesday, 9 – 10 am), FOIA and Patron Privacy (Thursday, 11 am – 12 pm), and post-COVID issues facing libraries as employers (Thursday, 1:45 – 2:45 pm)
- Building a healthy relationship between the Board and the Library Director (Thursday, 11 am – 12 pm)
- Sharing information for new (and experienced trustees) about their roles and duties as Library Trustees (Thursday, 3 – 4 pm)
- NETWORKING in person with your fellow Library Trustees at a continental breakfast (Thursday, 8 – 9 am), the exhibit hall (Wednesday, noon – 5 pm, Thursday, 9 am – 2 pm) AND Trustee Luncheon (Thursday, 12 noon – 1:30 pm)!!!
I look forward to connecting with you at conference!
President/Manager, ILA Trustee Forum
Vice President, Ela Area Public Library District Board of Trustees