Library Director | Deer Creek District Library
Posted on Nov 20, 2023
The successful candidate is a collaborative leader with excellent communication, management and relationship skills. They will promote the Library, its programs, and foster positive community relations with all residents, schools, churches, various community groups and local businesses.
Located in Central Illinois conveniently between Peoria and Bloomington/Normal, the Village of Deer Creek has the benefits of a peaceful small-town environment while still having access to the amenities of nearby cities. The Deer Creek District Library serves 1,500 residents in Tazewell and Woodford Counties.
The Director works closely with the elected Board of Trustees and manages one part-time staff member. Responsibilities include overseeing library operations, collection development, budget preparation, planning and facilitating library programming.
This is a full-time position, 35-40 hours per week, including some remote work. The library also offers paid vacation and sick time off in addition to 10 holidays.
- 3+ years of full-time professional experience in a public library including some supervisory experience and/or Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited library school, preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience in budget development, district library law and grant writing
- Experience developing and promoting programming to the public
- Knowledge of current public library trends and emerging library technologies
$38,000 - $45,000
Deer Creek District Library
205 E. First
Deer Creek, IL 61733
How to apply
Please apply by sending a resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com.