Business Manager | La Grange Public Library
Posted on Mar 1, 2023
Full-time (37.5 hour work week)
Open Until Filled
A recently-hired director, a fresh budget and a brand-new organizational strategic plan await the right candidate for this dynamic management position. Alongside the Leadership Team, the Business Manager will participate in the implementation of Library policy and improve workflows Library-wide.
What You’ll Do:
The Business Manager will oversee the Library’s financial and personnel record processes. They will also work alongside the Executive Director supporting Human Resources activities and serve as the Recording Secretary for the Library Board of Trustees and its committees.
Essential tasks include:
- Managing the Library’s financial data and processes, including entering invoices, reconciling statements, managing vendor contracts, and preparing budget documents and analyses.
- Serving as our staff point of contact for general human resources. This includes coordinating with Leadership Team on the hiring and onboarding of new employees, managing employee payroll, benefits, personnel records, and assisting in the development of Library policy and procedure.
- Other administrative duties include providing support to the Library Board of Trustees by preparing their meeting agendas and monthly board packet, attending meetings, and taking and transcribing minutes. Additionally, you will serve as the Library’s Freedom of Information Act officer and Open Meetings Act designee (training available).
- Analysis of accounting software
- Working closely with the Executive Director on revamping the Library’s hiring, onboarding, and orientation processes
- Serving as a key member of the Library’s Leadership Team as we embark on our 2023-2025 Strategic Plan
What We Offer:
- Health, vision, and dental benefits available (including HSA/FSA accounts).
- Participates in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund.
- Inclusive and welcoming work environment for all.
- Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends. Work from home days and flexible hours negotiable.
- Continuing Education is highly valued and readily available for all staff.
Read the full job description.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in accounting, bookkeeping, business, or public finance.
- Two (2) years of experience in an office environment.
- Government or nonprofit workplace experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles in a tax-supported organization, experience using Abila MIP and QuickBooks a plus.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and self-directed learning.
- Access to regular, reliable transportation to conduct Library business-related tasks.
- Employees must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) for COVID-19 within 45 days of initial hire. Read the full policy.
$53,744 to $67,180 DOQ and internal pay equity
La Grange Public Library
10 W. Cossitt Ave.
La Grange, IL 60525
How to apply
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Hovanec, Executive Director
La Grange Public Library