Information Delivery and Technology Analyst | Abbott
Posted on Apr 25, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Abbott Research Center (ARC) is dedicated to helping Abbott employees worldwide make fact-based decisions through comprehensive research, data analytics, industry knowledge, and area expertise. Our technology and content teams provide the infrastructure and content resources to enable cutting-edge research activities and information delivery. We also support communication and portal initiatives for the larger Legal organization.
The Abbott Research Center (ARC) in Abbott Park, IL is seeking a collaborative and engaging Information Delivery and Technology Analyst to join a global and dynamic team of information professionals. The Information Delivery and Technology Analyst will work in collaboration with the ARC Technology and Content teams to support global employee access to ARC information resources, maintain internal SharePoint portals, and produce data analytics that drive strategy, action, and decision-making. They will also work closely with the Patent, Biomedical, and Business Research teams on projects that require discovering and analyzing data from published clinical, biomedical, and patent literature sources.
- Collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams to support multifaceted projects.
- Follow best practices and internal team procedures; actively develop and apply skills and knowledge to advance our organization.
- Support global employee base by troubleshooting technical access issues specific to library access mechanisms employed by ARC.
- Maintain and update internal SharePoint portals, including HTML and CSS scripting.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of library vendor systems and foster good relationships with vendors, in conjunction with the Global Content Management team.
- Implement new library vendor systems, including setting up single sign-on connections.
- Analyze vendor metrics to show ROI on ARC licensed resources, enabling better budgetary decision-making.
- Maintain self-service data analysis/visualization dashboards for internal ARC metrics that help drive better workflow efficiencies.
- Develop essential data insights by analyzing and profiling complex data, creating reusable data assets, and producing insightful visualizations.
- Develop strategies for advanced searching projects with ARC researchers, including combining data from multiple licensed resources and employing Python (or similar) scripting.
- Implement scholarly search APIs and embed into ARC researcher and/or customer deliverable platforms.
- Collaborate with ARC researchers to analyze research data and package it into insightful deliverables for competitive intelligence.
- Provide mobile capabilities for ARC services as needed.
- Automate workflows and processes for data projects and content delivery/access mechanisms where possible.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3-5 years job experience.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science, Data Science, or similar.
- Exceptional customer focus and high degree of professionalism to allow agile and proactive responses to changing business demands and opportunities.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Exhibit a sense of intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Foster an environment that encourages inclusion and respect for diverse opinions.
- Work effectively under pressure with the ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly; take ownership of results.
- SharePoint development experience; intermediate HTML and CSS.
- Strong foundational knowledge of data science principles and proficiency with common data analysis tools (Excel, PowerQuery, Power BI); advanced data analysis skills (Python, R) a plus.
- Familiarity with scientific literature, patent, and news databases and methods for extracting information from them.
- Familiarity with library authentication mechanisms (single sign-on, EZproxy) a plus.
- Ability to implement APIs; experience with scholarly search APIs a plus.
- Visual or graphic design skills or aptitude a plus.
- Library or information services background helpful.
100 Abbott Park Rd
Abbott Park, IL 60064