Executive Director | Rolling Meadows Library
Posted on Jan 3, 2022
Established in 1959, Rolling Meadows Library is a vital community center for learning, culture, and recreation. The Rolling Meadows Library Board of Trustees is seeking a dynamic individual with a vision of innovation to provide leadership and strategic direction for the library and its 55 dedicated employees. As director, you will oversee the management of a $3.9 million dollar budget and will report to and collaborate with a 9-member appointed Board to implement RML’s Vision and Mission. The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of professional library principles and emerging trends, and the ability to provide our community members opportunities for enrichment, growth and entertainment through the library services.
For more information on Rolling Meadows Library and its community: About the Library
Minimum qualifications for this position include a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program and at least 5 years experience at an administration level/department director or higher.
$120,000 - $135,000 based on combination of qualifications and experience
Rolling Meadows Library
3110 Martin Lane
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
How to apply
To apply, please submit:
1. A thoughtful cover letter indicating your reasons for consideration.
2. Current resume including employment history, job duties, and educational background.
3. A minimum of three current letters of professional recommendation.
Submit the above documents to Kristin Troy: RMLdirectorsearch@rmlib.org
If a candidate is chosen to continue with the hiring process, they will be asked to submit the following prior to the interview:
1. Contact information for at least three current professional references.
2. Provide a written summary to questions pertaining to your perception of the Executive Director’s role as it pertains to certain situations.