Circulation Supervisor | Galesburg Public Library
Posted on Nov 9, 2021
Job Summary: Provide friendly and courteous service at a busy service desk by facilitating the borrowing and lending of library materials and aiding customers in finding materials and information. Oversee the department processes involving the circulation of materials efficiently and accurately. Keep the department up to date on current processes and procedures.
- Greet visitors to the library.
- Listen to patrons and provide friendly, helpful assistance such as checking in and out library materials.
- Hire, train, supervise, review, and discipline staff.
- Increase number of patron cards through community outreach and home delivery.
- Promote library card registration and circulation.
- Maintain the scheduling of meeting spaces.
- Follow library policies and procedures.
- Check for E-pay payments.
- Handle payments for fees and fines.
- Devise staff work schedules.
- Prepare reports and statistics.
- Provide clearly written procedures for staff.
- Create and mail library card expiration reminders.
- Pull new-to-old material.
- Weed mass market paperbacks and music CDs.
- Hold monthly staff meetings or as needed.
- Write press releases and articles for social media.
- Promote library services via radio spots, social media, the newsletter, and the website.
- Keep current by reading journals and library related social media, attending meetings and conferences, and earning continuing education hours.
- Apply for grants and manage successful grant applications.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner which promotes good working relationships with patrons and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, MLS preferred, library experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good time management skills; self-motivated.
- Ability to comprehend customer needs quickly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff and public.
- Strong computer skills
Salary range starts at $46,000
Galesburg Public Library
40 East Simmons Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, a current resume and contact information for three professional references to
40 E Simmons St.
Galesburg IL 61401.
Electronic applications are preferred. Applications received by December 10 will receive first consideration.