Head of Business Services | Green Hills Public Library District
Posted on Sep 29, 2021
Would you consider yourself a highly resourceful and innovative leader? Are you looking for the opportunity to manage the office setting of a Library and maintain the flow of business operations? Green Hills Public Library District is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and thoughtful professional to join the Library Management Team as Head of Business Services.
This position is responsible for the operation of the Business Services Department including planning, development, and evaluation of Department functions and staff. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, will serve as a responsible steward of community resources, is highly effective at recognizing and utilizing staff strengths to benefit the Library, and demonstrates exceptional analytical thinking.
Review the job description to learn more about this position.
- Generous paid time off including holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal time
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Continuing education opportunities
About the Library: Green Hills Public Library District is located in Palos Hills, Illinois, just about 20 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. We serve a population of over 31,000 residents in the Hickory Hills and Palos Hills communities, and operate on an annual budget of approximately $2.7 million. In accordance with our Strategic Plan, it is our mission to inspire lifelong learning and exploration by connecting the community with information and resources. We value exploration, diversity, inclusiveness, the customer experience, collaboration, innovation, a welcoming environment, and stewardship.
The Green Hills Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or business-related field of study.
- Minimum three years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or related field, preferably in a public sector of nonprofit environment.
- Minimum two years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and access to a vehicle to be used for Library business.
$49,187-$61,484 annually; offers are made within this range based on competencies and experience. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
Green Hills Public Library District
10331 S. Interlochen Dr.
Palos Hills, IL 60465-1773
How to apply
Please submit resume along with the Green Hills Public Library District employment application, which can be found at greenhillslibrary.org/about/employment.
No phone calls, please.
Applications and resumes may be submitted in-person or emailed to HR@greenhillslibrary.org.