Library Development Manager | Moline Public Library
Posted on Sep 29, 2021
Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Development Manager is responsible for creating and implementing the development of fundraising strategies for the Moline Public Library. The Development Manager is responsible for the development and administration of fundraisers, planned giving initiatives, sponsorship solicitation, annual campaigns, and grant writing activities.
Examples of Duties:
- Assist the Library Director in the development of fundraising strategies.
- Establish comprehensive short-term and long-range goals for funding sources.
- Develop a customized approach to encourage individuals, businesses and foundations to donate to the annual campaign, give major gifts, and participate special events and/or grants.
- Research public and private grant sources to identify sources of funding.
- Organize individual donor campaigns.
- Build and maintain a donor database using specialized software.
- Coordinate Moline Public Library’s large fundraising event held at least every five years and plan for smaller scale annual fundraising events.
- Produce donor solicitation promotional materials to secure, retain, or upgrade gifts.
- Cultivate donors by producing specialized correspondence, preparing timely letters of acknowledgment, and scheduling and attending in-person visits.
- Evaluate and report all fundraising and grant activities to the Library Director.
- Work in partnership with the Friends of the Moline Public Library and assist in planning for Friends fundraising events.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Library’s Strategic Plan.
- Attend the Moline Public Library Board of Trustees and the Moline Friends of the Library monthly board meetings.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public relations, marketing, business administration or a closely related field preferred; three (3) years progressively responsible experience in fundraising, grant writing, coordinating special events, communications or public relations; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience with public libraries is desirable.
Knowledge of acceptable practices and standards of public relations, principles and practices of effective communication; grant writing and grant administration; donor development and fundraising; and of the laws and regulations that impact the work performed.
Excellent skill in public relations and in maintaining effective working relationships; making public presentations; advanced skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and donor management software; analyzing and solving problems; written and oral communications; performing research; skill in fundraising databases preferred.
Ability to seek innovative methods of fundraising; prepare financial reports; identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Moline Public Library
3210 41st St
Moline, IL 61265
How to apply
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/molineil/jobs/3248788/library-development-manager