Head of Adult Services | Green Hills Public Library District
Posted on May 28, 2021
Would you consider yourself a highly resourceful and innovative leader? Are you looking for the opportunity to shape our community’s experiences? Green Hills Public Library District is seeking an experienced, creative, and thoughtful professional to join the Library Management Team as Head of Adult Services and provide services to a community of over 31,000 patrons.
This position is responsible for the operation of the Adult Services Department including planning, development, and evaluation of department functions and staff. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, demonstrates enthusiasm for Library services designed for adults, is highly effective at recognizing and utilizing staff strengths to benefit the Library, and is a self-starter who will advance the Library’s mission of inspiring lifelong learning and exploration.
Review the job description to learn more about this position.
- Generous paid time off including holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal time
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Continuing education opportunities
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Minimum three years of experience in a library; adult services experience preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a supervisory role; public library experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and access to a vehicle to be used for Library business.
- Fluency in Arabic, Polish, or Spanish a plus.
$49,187-$61,484 annually; offers are made within this range based on competencies and experience. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
Green Hills Public Library District
10331 S. Interlochen Drive
Palos Hills, IL 60465
How to apply
Please submit resume along with the Green Hills Public Library District employment application, which can be found at greenhillslibrary.org/about/employment.
No phone calls, please.
Applications and resumes may be submitted in-person or emailed to HR@greenhillslibrary.org.
The Green Hills Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.