Collection Management Department Head | Mount Prospect Public Library
Posted on Jan 9, 2018
Search Re-Opened – The Mount Prospect Public Library is seeking a candidate for Collection Management Department Head with a passion for collection development and management. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to an excellent collection of all formats as a core service of a public library. This position is responsible for overseeing adult material collection development and will work closely and collaboratively with public service departments, and technical services. This position will directly supervise Acquisitions and Paging staff supervisors and is a member of the Management and Leadership teams.
For full job description go to https://mppl.org/about-us/jobs/
The successful candidate
- Will hold and voice a strong appreciation and understanding of non-public and public service departments’ partnership to develop and provide collections.
- Will have demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department managers, library selectors, and staff committees.
- Possess strong knowledge of trends, operations and best practices for collection development and management.
- Will have excellent project management skills, budgeting, problem solving, analytic skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, and operational management skills.
- Possess an MLS from ALA-accredited library school.
- Progressively responsible management experience in a public library.
- Have a minimum of five years of management and supervisory experience.
$63,000 annual salary dependent on qualifications. IMRF benefit position.
Mount Prospect Public Library
10 S. Emerson
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
How to apply
Please send resume and statement of interest outlining specific experience and qualifications for position. Please submit with resume a one page statement addressing the following areas: management philosophy, collection development philosophy, e-media experience.
Submit application or resume to email@example.com.