Library Director | Yorkville Public Library
Posted on Feb 8, 2021
The Yorkville Public Library Board of Trustees is seeking an enthusiastic team leader with vision, initiative, creative problem-solving skills, and a desire to serve and promote the Library and foster positive community relations. Yorkville is at the heart of Kendall County, Illinois, and is situated along the Fox River. The municipal public library serves a growing population of over 19,000 people and has an annual operating budget of over $900,000.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works under the direction of the Board of Trustees.
- Works with the finance committee to prepare annual budget for Library Board approval, monitors expenditures within constraints, and seeks additional sources of funding.
- Oversees the third-party agreements that are in place to provide care and maintenance of the library building, grounds, and all assets.
- Ensures effective and efficient building operations.
- Works to engage with the Yorkville community to promote and develop library services and programs.
- Compiles and presents monthly and annual statistical reports to the Board, including the
- annual reports to the State.
- Attends meetings of and ensures that the Library follows policies and bylaws of PrairieCat.
- Oversees the hiring, development, and training of library staff.
- Builds and maintains an effective staffing plan to support the Library.
- The duties listed above are intended only as an illustration of the various types of tasks that may be required and are not an absolute list of the duties and responsibilities of the Library Director.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program, preferred.
- 5+ years in a progressively responsible library position.
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge with information technology and library systems, including Microsoft Office, and various Social Media platforms.
- Experience in project management, contract review and negotiation skills.
- Ability to translate strategy into action and work with staff to execute plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with staff, volunteers, patrons, the Board, local government, and community agencies to serve and promote the Library.
- Knowledge of state laws concerning libraries and is informed of changes and developments in library legislation.
- Proven financial stewardship, ability to prepare and administer budgets.
$65,000-$75,000, IMRF, plus benefits
Yorkville Public Library
902 Game Farm Rd.
Yorkville, IL 60560
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Qualified candidates must be able to successfully complete a job-related background investigation.