Director | Sherrard Public Library District
Posted on Oct 23, 2017
The Sherrard Public Library District Board is seeking a creative and dynamic leader who will work closely with the Library Board, staff and community. The successful candidate will represent the Library within the community, develop collections, manage the 6 person staff team, and provide strong financial skills to manage the budget of $300,000. The Director will also provide vision for the library and should possess a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
The library would like someone with excellent leadership and communications skills, strong skills in finance and budgeting, grant writing, knowledge of library trends and technology, and the ability to foster a team environment. Candidate must be able to represent library interests and needs with local community organizations. The successful candidate will collaborate with community organizations including the Sherrard Community School District #200, surrounding libraries, and village.
• Four year degree in Business Administration, Finance, Library Science, Education or equivalent
• At least five years of public library experience
• Experience managing budgets
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Masters in Library and Information Science or similar degree
• Previous experience as a library director or assistant director
• Demonstrated success managing people and grant writing
35,000 - 40,000 +IMRF
Sherrard Public Library District
207 5TH Ave.
Sherrard, IL 61281
How to apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: