Library Director | Richmond Heights Memorial Library
Posted on Mar 11, 2020
POSITION OPENING – DIRECTOR OF RICHMOND HEIGHTS MEMORIAL LIBRARY
POSITION TITLE: Library Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Trustees
SUPERVISES: Library personnel
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
The Richmond Heights Memorial Library has an opening for Library Director. The Library serves the nearly 10,000 residents of Richmond Heights, Missouri, an inner-ring suburb in the heart of the St. Louis metro area. Richmond Heights’ population is diverse, relatively young, well-educated, and middle class. More information can be found on the city website: http://www.richmondheights.org/departments/city_manager/national_citizen_survey_reports.php
The Richmond Heights Public Library was established in 1933 with a $16 gift from the Lions Club. The Library has evolved over the years, culminating in November 2000 when the Library moved into its new 13,000 square foot home at THE HEIGHTS: Richmond Heights Community Center and Memorial Library. The Richmond Heights Memorial Library is a full-service, independent municipal library. More than 50% of Richmond Heights’ residents are active Library card holders. The collection includes 134,000 items in a variety of media with circulation of 173,500 annually.
The Library belongs to the Municipal Library Consortium of St. Louis County, a nine-member cooperative of independent libraries with reciprocal borrowing privileges and a shared Polaris ILS and catalog.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Supervises a staff of fifteen part- and full-time employees to ensure the smooth operation of the library and directs staff assistance to patrons to ensure quality service.
- Plans, organizes and directs a balanced program of library services.
- Develops and maintains the collection of library materials to respond to the unique needs of the community.
- Drafts new policies and updates existing Board policies as appropriate, to be presented to the Board of Trustees for approval. Interprets and implements Board Policy for the day-to-day operation of the Library.
- Prepares and administers annual operating budget for the Library. Directs and supervises the expenditure of library funds and security of physical assets.
- Promotes the Library and its use. Ensures that a positive, high profile image of the Library is presented to the community.
- Acts as library liaison to maintain a good working relationship between the Consortium, community leaders, public officials and groups, professional groups, citizens of Richmond Heights, and library patrons.
- Attends all Board of Trustees meetings, prepares a director’s report in advance of each scheduled meeting and delivers these materials to the Trustees.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Studies, preferably from an ALA-accredited university.
- Three to five years work experience in a supervisory capacity within a library preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary range is between $70,000 - $80,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
- A competitive benefits package includes health insurance, a retirement pension plan through Missouri LAGERS, paid vacation and paid membership in professional associations.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to William Haggerty, Trustee at: <email@example.com>. Resumes must be received by April 15 to be considered for this opportunity.
Richmond Heights Memorial Library
8001 Dale Avenue
Richmond Heights, MO 63117
How to apply
William Haggerty, Search Committee Chair,
Richmond Heights Memorial Library, 8001 Dale Avenue, Richmond Heights, MO 63117