Library Acquisitions Coordinator | Cadence Group
Posted on Sep 17, 2019
Full-Time, 9-5. The Library Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for daily purchasing needs and payments for domestic offices. The Coordinator communicates needs with vendors and collaborates with the Accounting department, Library team members, and other firm departments in order to fulfill requests and resolve any questions regarding orders and payments.
- Place new or renewal orders and cancel orders of all physical materials for Library department and attorneys in all US offices.
- Process and prepare payment for all department invoices, renewals, check requests, purchase card statements and other transactions.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all Library financial contacts and transactions, including vendors, purchases, renewals, invoices, payments, purchase orders, and cancellations.
- Assist in preparing reports and statistics regarding Library’s financial transactions and budgets. Analyze the data and make recommendations.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- Train local and outsourced staff in processing invoices, maintaining records, and retrieving data.
- Suggest improvements to improve Library processes, and follow up on the initiatives.
- Cross train with other members of the Technical Services department.
- Provide support or advice regarding financial transactions in non-US offices.
- 5 years experience in Library Acquisitions or similar role.
- Proficiency with MS office, and preferably high skill with Excel.
- Experience handling legal materials.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while completing deadlines.
S Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60603