Branch Manager - North Branch | Peoria Public Library
Posted on Oct 17, 2018
Provides excellent customer service by offering a full range of reference and reader's advisory services for all users of the library; maintains collections, develops programs; performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises the work of branch staff; assists in recruiting; trains; monitors workflow; reviews work; conducts performance evaluations; models expected behaviors and competencies;
- Prepares payroll reports;
- Schedules branch staff to ensure effective coverage at all times;
- Oversees building maintenance activities including facility upkeep and security;
- Provides high level customer service, mediates customer concerns and addresses any problems or needs at the branch;
- Helps customers make successful use of the library;
- Provides reference and readers advisory service to customers in person, online or over the phone; consistently provides high level customer service;
- Performs general circulation duties;
- Provides formal and informal instruction regarding the use of the library systems to customers and staff;
- Assists in collection development through regular recommendations to Materials Selectors, collection maintenance and weeding;
- Develops and presents programs such as Summer Reading, story hours and class visits; manages program budgets;
- Directs patrons to appropriate community resources; liaisons with community groups and develops partnerships as appropriate;
- Performs outreach and represents the library in the community and at appropriate professional organizations; insures that community groups are kept informed of library programs and services; may assist in developing outreach materials;
- May provide basic computer training to customers and staff;
- May participate in opening and closing procedures, including starting up the computers, completing pick lists and preparing deliveries at opening; powering down computers, checking bathrooms and setting alarms at closing;
- Performs basic troubleshooting for library computers and mainframe equipment;
- Prepares daily and monthly statistical reports;
- Attends meetings and participates in committees and organizations that further the library's mission and goals; and
- Keeps abreast of library developments by attending workshops and educational programs and reading periodicals and specialized literature; attends staff meetings.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of light materials in non-strenuous work positions up to 20 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, libraries, classrooms or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire and building safety regulations and traffic signals when driving.
Peoria Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of Peoria Public Library's policies and procedures;
- Ability to act as a representative of Peoria Public Library to the public;
- Effective decision-making skills with strong customer focus;
- Ability to effectively supervise and motivate staff;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures for public library service and the ability to interpret them to the staff and the public;
- Extensive knowledge of reference services, practices and procedures;
- Ability to establish priorities and organize workload;
- Ability to maintain a pleasant and productive working atmosphere;
- Ability to keep all relevant parties informed of all major issues and to recommend changes as appropriate;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse individuals (customers and staff) in order to accomplish library and department goals and objectives;
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to others;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other professionals;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval;
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, and office machines; and
- Ability to obtain a valid IL driver's license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MLS or MLIS;
- Three years relevant library experience.
$56,000-$61,000, plus benefits
Peoria Public Library
3001 West Grand Parkway
Peoria, IL 61615
How to apply
To apply, please submit your Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form
in person or via email to this address: MichelleDecker@ppl.peoria.lib.il.us
Or mail to:
Peoria Public Library
ATTN: Michelle Decker
107 NE Monroe St.
Peoria, IL 61602-1070
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 26, 2018
Application is available at this link: