Library Director | Silvis Public Library
Posted on Jun 5, 2018
The Board of Trustees of the Silvis Public Library seeks an energetic, and visionary leader to serve as Library Director. This municipal library serves residents who live within the City of Silvis. Located in the Quad Cities area, the City of Silvis is home to approximately 7,500 people. Another 3,500 people live within the boundaries of the Rock River Library District and are also able to use this library through a contractual arrangement with the Silvis Public Library. The Library Director will be expected to provide superior leadership, administrative and organization skills, and manage the staff and the library in a highly professional manner. The Director will represent the library in local community events, and act as an ambassador on behalf of the library. The Director will create and maintain the library budget and other duties as needed.
- Excellent communication, fiscal, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other municipal bodies and community groups
- Willingness to advocate for the library and flexibility to adapt to change
- Understanding of current and emerging library technology trends
- Must have a BS or minimum of 5 years experience as a Library Director or Library Director Assistant
$40,000 - $45,000
Silvis Public Library
105 - 8th St.
Silvis, IL 61282
How to apply
To apply for the Library Director position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 6, 2018.
For additional information, please contact Diane Madden, President of the Library Board, at 309-792-2493