NN/LM – GMR Seeking Host Sites for MLA webinarsJune 25, 2017
(via Derek Johnson, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region)
Health information professionals are encouraged to take advantage Medical Library Association (MLA) webinars, which the GMR sponsors at institutions across the region. Participation in these webinars at sponsored sites is free! The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Greater Midwest Region (GMR) will sponsor up to ten (10) institutional registrations for MLA webinars each quarter. Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, and they will continue to be accepted on an ongoing basis until funding for the quarter has been expended. Institutions can apply for one webinar per quarter.
Summer Quarter 2017
- “Survey Success: 10 Essential Tips for Effective Survey Design”–Thursday, July 27, 1:00-2:30 PM CST (description)
Fall Quarter 2017
- “Scoping Reviews”–Tuesday, August 15 (time and webinar description not yet available from MLA)
- “Helping Patients and Health Care Consumers Understand Precision Medicine”–Thursday, September 28, 1:00-2:30 PM CST (description)
- Download or print a copy of the MLA Webinar application form.
- Complete and sign the bottom of the form.
- Do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
- Do not send the form to MLA.
- E-mail the completed form to: email@example.com (link sends e-mail).
Site selection is based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Please note that the GMR covers the cost for Site Registration only, not Individual Registration. Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) MLA membership. Additional point(s) are available for leading wrap-around sessions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been spent. Awardees will be notified once approved, based on funding criteria.
If you have any questions, please contact the GMR Office.