Illinois Librarians Presenting at Great Lakes Resource Sharing ConferenceJune 6, 2017
A number of Illinois academic librarians will be presenting at the 2017 Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference. This year’s event will take place on Thursday, June 8, and Friday, June 9, in Oak Brook, IL. The theme of this year’s gathering is “Harnessing the Winds of Change!”. Corey Seeman, Director of Kresge Library Services at the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor’s Ross School of Business, will deliver the keynote address, titled “History Has Its Eyes on You: Lighthouses and Libraries Weathering Storms of Change”.
The sessions being given by Illinois academic librarians are below. (Note that all of the listed sessions include only presenters from Illinois academic libraries.) Also, the Conference Planning Committee includes Co-Chair Jane Plass (RAILS), Margaret Chambers (CARLI), and Amanda Musacchio (RAILS), and one of the Conference interns is Kristin Allen (Harper College).
Thursday, June 8
“Explorations in Open Access and Resource Sharing” (one of 15-minute presentations in Lightning Round, Session 1)
- Amy LeFager (National Louis University), Kelly Fisher (Eureka College), and Marcella Nowak (College of DuPage)
“Enriching Your Wealth of Resource by Marketing ILL” (one of 15-minute presentations in Lightning Round, Session 2)
- Adebola Fabiku and Laura Tomick (both from Wheaton College)
“The Contemporary Academic Library Resource Sharing Mission: Fragmentation or Evolution?”
- Kevin O’Brien (University of Illinois at Chicago Library of the Health Sciences)
Friday, June 9
“CARLI’s Patron Driven Acquisitions Project for Print Materials: A Review of a Consortial Project”
- Elizabeth Clarage (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois)
“Talk Amongst Yourselves: Improving System-to-System Communication to Speed Request Processing”
- Kurt Munson (Northwestern University)
“Trying to Jump-Start Collection Development: Finding Simple Methods for Effective Cooperation”
- Deb Blecich (University of Illinois at Chicago), Jennifer Masciadrelli (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois), and Naimh McGuigan (Loyola University Chicago)
To see the full list of sessions and presenters, go here.