Registration Open for Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit (April 4-5)March 26, 2017
(via Molly Olmstead, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region)
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region will present a poster at the Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit, which will take place on Tuesday, April 4, and Wednesday, April 5, in Madison, WI. The theme of this year’s summit is “Heath Literacy: A Critical Link in Patient Engagement”. A list of some of the event’s highlights is below.
- over 80 speakers coming will share the latest information on improving communications through health literacy
- 26 different breakout sessions allow you to match your interests with the right presentations
- a reception and poster presentation allows for networking with attendees and presenters involved in innovative communications and research projects
- two networking lunches are designed to help you find and connect with people doing what you are doing–or want to be doing
- summit exhibitors provide information on resources to help you reach your organizational and personal goals
- social media activities add fun and learning in new ways
- Pre-Summit Workshops (April 3): The SHARE APPROACH: How to Implement Shared Decision Making on the Job (process for shared decision-making) and Health Literacy Starter Kit: Basic Information and Resources for the Newcomer
- new this year: A Medication Label Summit will focus on the role of prescribed drug labels in improving how patients take their medications
Registration for the Summit is now open.