NN/LM – Greater Midwest Region Accepting Award Applications Beginning April 1March 26, 2017
(via Molly Olmstead, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region)
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region is offering eight unique funding opportunities for the May, 2017 – April, 2018, fiscal year. We will begin accepting applications on Saturday, April 1, and we will continue to accept, evaluate, and award applications until our funding is exhausted. The GMR website lists all the required components of the application, in case you’d like to start preparing to apply. The application forms will be posted on April 1. The awards and potential funding amounts are listed below.
- Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) Sponsorship ($75)
- Emergency Preparedness Award (up to $5,000)
- Express Outreach Award (up to $10,000)
- NNLM Emerging Trends Award (up to $10,000)
- Outreach Award (up to $20,000)
- Professional Development Award (up to $2,000)
- Public Library Outreach Award (up to $5,000)--note that this award is intended for public libraries
- Technology Enhancement Award (up to $8,000)
If you have an idea for an outreach project, but you are unsure if it is applicable to the GMR’s available awards, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or drop us an e-mail. We’re looking forward to discussing your ideas with you, even prior to any formal applications. We can even help you decide into which award category your project fits. Contact the GMR Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319) 353-4479 – we look forward to hearing your great ideas.