- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Deadline for ALCTS Exchange Virtual Poster Session Proposals Extended to March 17February 26, 2017
(via the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services)
The ALCTS Exchange virtual poster session offers the opportunity to share and promote work, research, and ideas across the ALCTS Exchange’s topical themes: new roles and workflows, creative problem solving, creating connections with user communities, and building skills to prepare for the future. We are especially interested in highlighting work that addresses the intersections of collections and technical services and diversity and inclusion.
The ALCTS Exchange will include two poster presentation opportunities:
- A poster lightning round session on May 11, wherein each presenter will have five minutes to speak, followed by a Q&A discussion forum.
- A virtual poster collection and discussion forum available to Exchange registrants. File formats are not limited to static documents and presenters are encouraged submit videos and other types of media files. If you would like to submit a recorded video for the virtual poster collection, the ALCTS office will be available to assist with your recording.
Allowable file formats for live lightning round presentations include:
- Handouts/Downloadable materials: PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, ZIP
- Multimedia (Video and/or audio): SWF, MP3, MP4, F4V
- Presentation Slides: PPT, PPTX, JPEG, GIF, PNG
We want to hear what you’ve been up to, and learn from your experience. The lightning round session and virtual poster collection are an excellent opportunity to share work and projects that are just getting started or still evolving.
The ALCTS Virtual Exchange Working Group strongly encourages proposals from people who belong to communities that are underrepresented in librarianship and in the conversation about librarianship. Students and early career professional are also encouraged to submit proposals.
Ready to submit your proposal? Complete the Virtual Poster Presentation Proposal Form before the March 17 deadline.
The ALCTS Exchange is a celebration of excellence at the intersections of libraries, collection management, acquisitions, metadata and cataloging, preservation, and technology. This fully online event will offer synchronous and asynchronous opportunities for learning and engagement. Participants from diverse areas of librarianship will find the four days of presentations, panels, and activities both thought-provoking and highly relevant to their current and future career paths. The ALCTS Exchange will engage a wide-range of presenters and participants, facilitating enriching conversations and learning opportunities. Everyone, including non-ALCTS members, are encouraged to register and bring their questions, experiences, and perspectives to the events.