Call for Breakout Sessions and Poster Presentations at Wisconsin Health Literacy SummitJanuary 2, 2017
(via Molly Olmstead, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region)
The 2017 Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit: “Health Literacy: A Critical Link in Patient Engagement,” will be held April 4-5, 2017, in Madison, Wisconsin. We are inviting individuals to submit proposals for 60-minute breakout sessions and/or poster presentations.
Priority will be given to proposals which demonstrate how improved health communication and/or increased patient engagement can lead to better outcomes, including:
- How health literate communications can help people become more engaged with their health and healthcare
- Reducing health literacy barriers for those with chronic disease
- Integrating health literacy into health prevention or oral health initiatives
- Assisting consumers in accessing, understanding and using health insurance
- Integrating health literacy practices and/or programs into adult literacy curricula
- Cultural competency and including populations served in designing, implementing and evaluating health information
- Measuring and evaluating the impact of health literacy interventions
- Building support for and/or implementing health literacy initiatives in a health care or health insurance organization
Other relevant and timely topics will also be considered.
To apply to present a breakout session or poster presentation, complete and submit the following application as a Word document by Friday, January 6, 2017 to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Final selections will be made by the Summit Planning Committee. Session presenters will be notified of their selection by January 20, 2017. Breakout session and poster presenters must register for the Summit and may take advantage of the reduced presenter rate of $150.
For any questions, please contact:
Health Communications Specialist