NN/LM – GMR Seeking Site Sponsors for “Demystifying R” WebinarSeptember 18, 2016
(via Molly Olmstead, National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Greater Midwest Region)
The GMR is now accepting applications for site sponsorship for the MLA Webinar “Demystifying R” on October 5th.
To apply to serve as a registered site for this webinar, please fill out the application available on our website – we’ll be able to confirm your registration very soon after receiving this application. Please return your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 21st.
Demystifying R: An Introduction for Librarians
Date: Wednesday, October 5th, 1-2:30pm CST
Attendees will learn:
- what the R programming language is and some of its key features
- some key terminology and a basic understanding of how R works
- some uses for that R may be a good solution for your data needs, including data processing and management, visualization, and statistical analysis
- how R can be useful for working with research data, as well as with library data, including bibliometric data, library statistics, or budget data
- where to find free resources for learning R
More information about the webinar and presenter is available here.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the GMR Office (email@example.com, (319) 353 – 4479) if you have any questions about the application or site sponsorship.