Registration and Housing Open for 2017 ALA Midwinter Meeting and ExhibitsSeptember 10, 2016
(via the American Library Association)
Registration and housing are now open for the 2017 Midwinter meeting and exhibits in Atlanta, Georgia, from Friday, January 20, to Tuesday, January 24. “The conversation starts here . . . ” every year at Midwinter Meeting, offering the usual gold-standard networking, updates, exhibits, future-focused discussions, innovators and thought leaders, and high-profile speakers.
In addition to all the events and sessions you usually find at the Midwinter Meeting, full registration for the 2017 meeting also includes the new Symposium on the Future of Libraries. Sponsored by ALA’s Center for the Future of Libraries, the symposium offers attendees the chance to spend Saturday, Sunday, and Monday exploring the near-term trends already inspiring innovation in academic, public, school and special libraries, and the longer-term trends that will help us adapt to the needs of our communities. The Symposium integrates and builds on Midwinter’s popular ALA Masters Series and News You Can Use updates, which highlight innovations and advances in libraries.
Other highlights include the following activities.
- participating in hundreds of peer-driven discussions, formal and informal
- connecting and engaging with colleagues
- exploring new products, technologies, titles, and services
- taking part in library transformation
- enjoying book and media awards announcements (Youth Media Awards and RUSA Book and Media Awards) and hearing inspiring speakers—including Neil Patrick Harris at the Closing Session
- seeing policy and advocacy take shape
- discovering ways to make your institution more diverse and inclusive
- participating actively in the work of the association
2017 ALA Midwinter Meeting & Exhibits: The conversation starts here . . .
Early-bird registration—offering the best rates—is open until 12:00 PM CST on Wednesday, November 9. Advance registration is then open through 12:00 PM CST on Friday, January 13, 2017. Annual Conference registration and housing open at 12:00 PM CST on Thursday, February 2. If you plan to attend both the 2017 Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference, you can find information about the changes in Bundle registration and the new system which makes it possible for more members to save when they attend both events. Please visit this page on the ALA website to read more about the new process.
Stay in touch and get updates through the 2017 Midwinter Meeting website, Twitter (@alamw and #alamw17), Facebook Event, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram (#alamw17). Use these additional resources to make your case for attending.