Registration for Northwest ILL Conference Closes August 31August 31, 2016
(via Eric Alwine, Reed College)
Registration will end Wednesday, August 31, for the 2016 Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference. The conference will take place on Thursday, September 8, and Friday, September 9, at Portland Community College’s Sylvania Campus in Portland, Oregon. Some of the highlights of this year’s program are below.
- library tours on September 7–register for tours of the Oregon Health and Science University Library, Federal Courthouse Library, and Pacific Northwest College of Art Library (this is a new event)
- “Professional Development for Student Employees: Creating and Supporting a Learning Culture”–Kate Ball Jones
- “Copyright and Fair Use: What it Means and How to Educate Library Users”–panel discussion with Aaron Schwabach, Mari Cheney, and James MacDonald
- “What Do They Know? The ILL Usability Project at Reed College”–Eric Alwine, Annie Downey, and Joe J. Marquez
- the popular “Ask Anything” and “Lightning Round” sessions
- The keynote speaker at this year’s conference will be Char Booth, who is Associate Dean of the Library at California State University, San Marcos, and is also an ACRL Immersion Institute faculty member.