Registration Open for Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing ConferenceJune 17, 2016
(via David Ketchum, University of Oregon Libraries)
Registration is now open for the 16th Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference. The conference will take place in Portland, Oregon, on Thursday, September 8, and Friday, September 9, at Portland Community College, Sylvania Campus.
This year’s program includes the following events.
- library tours on September 7–register for tours of the Oregon Health and Science University Library, Federal Courthouse Library and Pacific Northwest College of Art Library (this is a new event)
- “Professional Development for Student Employees: Creating and Supporting a Learning Culture”–Kate Ball Jones
- “Copyright and Fair Use: What it Means and How to Educate Library Users”–panel discussion with Aaron Schwabach, Mari Cheney, and James MacDonald
- “What Do They Know? The ILL Usability Project at Reed College”–Eric Alwine, Annie Downey, and Joe J. Marquez
- the popular “Ask Anything” and “Lightning Round” sessions
This year’s keynote speaker is Char Booth, Associate Dean of the Library at California State University, San Marcos, and an ACRL Immersion Institute faculty member.