- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Call for 2024 ILA Executive Board Nominee SuggestionsOctober 11, 2023
The ILA Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for the 2024 Executive Board Election. In April 2024, members will vote for the ILA Vice-President/President-elect, who should be an academic librarian, and for four Executive Board positions, who can be public, school, academic, special, or library trustee representatives, and the ALA Councilor, who can be a public, academic, school or special librarian. These are three-year terms beginning July 2024 and ending June 2027.
The nomination process begins with an open call for suggestions for candidates for these positions. All ILA members are invited to suggest a colleague or self-suggest. Submission of a nominee suggestion form does not guarantee the nominee will appear on the slate; the Nominating Committee will review all suggestions and may also seek additional individuals to meet identified needs, in order to develop the strongest possible slate. According to ILA bylaws, nominees selected to appear on the slate "must be members of ILA at the time of nomination;" that is, by the time the slate is finalized.
The Nominating Committee is seeking candidates who have strategic skill sets to govern a professional, nonprofit association. Duties and expectations of Executive Board members can be found on the ILA website at https://www.ila.org/about/executive-board/executive-board-duties-and-expectations.
For the 2024 election, skills especially needed include: a big picture focus/global outlook; the ability to act as a change agent; a commitment to actively participate and serve for three years; and the ability to implement ILA’s new strategic plan.
The submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 27, 2023.
To submit a suggestion, complete the suggestion form online. Please direct any questions to Heather Jagman, ILA Past-President and Chair of the Nominating Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.