New ACRL-Choice Webinar Offerings for Spring, 2016March 10, 2016
(via Gwen Gregory, IACRL President)
ACRL-Choice webinars connect academic and research librarians with content and service providers, publishers, authors, and other experts. Since the launch of the program in 2013, thousands of participants have attended these free interactive webinars, with topics ranging from using social media to build library communities and the latest reference databases to open access.
The ACRL-Choice webinar series is an ongoing program, offering approximately thirty presentations each academic year. This spring, ACRL-Choice webinars will present a cornucopia of subjects, including the following.
- Thursday, March 10, 1:00 PM Central: Enhancing Research Through Government Documents, with Cathy Johnson, sponsored by ProQuest
- Tuesday, March 15, 1:00 PM Central: Making Textbooks Affordable: How One University Library and One Scholarly Publisher Are Shaking Up Traditional Textbook Models, with Monica Metz-Wiseman and Mitch Moulton, sponsored by Springer Nature
- Tuesday, March 22, 1:00 PM Central: Trends in Reference Publishing: Reference Modules, with Dr. Geoffrey Smithers, sponsored by Elsevier
- Tuesday, April 12, 1:00 PM Central: Subscription-To-Own vs. PDA: A Closer Look at Video Acquisition Models in 2016, with Keith Allen and Kyley Caldwell, sponsored by Alexander Street Press
- Thursday, April 21, 1:00 PM Central: Reimagining the Academic Library, with David Lewis, sponsored by Rowman & Littlefield.
The ACRL-Choice webinar program offers an exceptional way for librarians to learn about new ideas, developments, and products, and to actively participate in discussions with companies that serve their markets, allowing sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback. Be sure to check out the complete library of ACRL-Choice webinars to date—with more added each month—on the Choice YouTube Channel.