- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Rudolph Host III is the Recipient of the 2021 TBS, Inc. Technical Services Award.September 13, 2021
Rudolph (Rudy) Host III, Systems Engineer and Network Administrator for SWAN, is the recipient of the 2021 TBS, Inc. Technical Services Award. This annual award, presented by ILA’s Resources and Technical Services Forum and sponsored by Today’s Business Solutions, Inc., is awarded to an individual who has made a substantial contribution in the area of library technical services, principally with commitment to leadership, programming, and professional development in the technical services field.
Rudy has served in his role at SWAN since 2016, and has worked in library settings since 2011. His accomplishments at SWAN include the development and implementation of the OCLC Holdings Manager (OHM), a tool that facilitates updates to libraries’ OCLC holdings. OHM is currently used by six library consortia throughout the state of Illinois, and it is open source software made available for free to libraries worldwide.
Rudy has also been involved in the development and implementation of other tools that have helped libraries streamline processes and improved the patron experience, including a delivery label generator for RAILS libraries, a patron lookup tool that allows staff to easily verify patron status for reciprocal borrowers, and an online patron registration tool for SWAN libraries that streamlines digital e-card registration. The ability to easily register patrons was crucial for libraries during the pandemic-related closures, allowing them to provide digital services while buildings were closed.
Prior to his work with SWAN, Rudy was a network administrator for the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS). He has presented at several conferences, including the ILA Annual Conference, the SWAN Expo, and the Customers of SirsiDynix Users Group, Inc. (COSUGI) Conference.
The TBS, Inc. Technical Services Award will be presented at an awards ceremony during the 2021 Illinois Library Association Annual Conference. The conference will take place October 12-14, 2021.