U.S. Rep. Peter Roskam Visited RAILS TodayMay 18, 2015
Trustees, ILA Presidents, ILA Public Policy Committee chairs, and RAILS staff members gathered today in Burr Ridge to talk with Representative Peter Roskam (R-IL, 6) about library issues.
We thanked Representative Roskam for his support in passing the
We requested that he:
- Support level funding for the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA);
- Require school librarians in the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA);
- Restore the Constitutional Privacy Rights of Library Users and All Americans and Pass Electronic Communications Privacy Act Reform;
- Enact Meaningful FOIA modernization and ensure public access to unique National Technical Information Service data;
- Ratify the Marrakesh Treaty for the print disabled and Reject unneeded changes to copyright law;
- Support Public Access to Taxpayer-Funded Research; and
- Support Network Neutrality.