- Advocacy Policies and Procedures
- Census 2020 Resources
- Creating or Changing Illinois State Library Law
- Illinois Minimum Wage Resources
- Intro to Property Taxes for IL Libraries
- ILA Public Policy Principles
- Legislative Issues
- Making Your Case
- Ready, Set, Advocate
- TIFs and Public Library Districts in Illinois
- Top Ten Advocacy Tips
- Advocacy Committee
- Awards Committee
- Conference Program Committee, 2023
- Conference Program Committee, 2024
- Diversity Committee
- Finance Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- ILA Reporter Advisory Committee
- Intellectual Freedom Committee
- iREAD Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Reaching Forward Committee
- Serving Our Public Committee
- Illinois Association of College & Research Libraries Forum (IACRL)
- Library Trustee Forum (LTF)
- Marketing Forum (MF)
- Resources & Technical Services Forum (RTSF)
- Small and Rural Libraries Forum (SARL)
- Students and New Professionals Forum (SANP)
- Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
- Youth Services Forum (YSF)
Message from the President: Michelle Nielsen OttSeptember 20, 2019
Michelle Nielsen Ott
Hello, IACRL! I am so very excited to begin as IACRL President for 2019-2020. I am looking forward to working with the Executive Board, the committees and all of you, the members of IACRL.
I hope to see many of you at the annual ILA Conference in Tinley Park (October 22-24). We have a strong collection of offerings on the IACRL @ ILA track. If you are coming for only one day, I recommend coming on Wednesday, October 23rd for the IACRL Unconference followed by the luncheon and business meeting. All are welcome to attend the business meeting. IACRL hopes to continue to grow our offerings on the IACRL @ ILA track. View all the IACRL programs for 2019 here: https://www.ila.org/events/annual-conference/iacrl-ila Consider presenting a program or poster next year as proposal submissions will open in December.
I began my involvement with IACRL by stopping by the IACRL booth at an annual conference in 2012. I began a conversation that lead my upcoming year as IACRL President. I am so thankful to the IACRL members that accepted me immediately and continue to support me. While this might not be your path with IACRL, I highly recommend stopping by the IACRL booth to learn more about the great opportunities for networking and professional development. IACRL will also be a stop on the Pub Stroll on October 23rd at the conference. This is another great way to meeting colleagues from around the state.
If you are unable to come to the conference, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn about more opportunities. A great way to get involved with IACRL is to join one of the many committees. If you are interested in joining Awards, Membership, Conference/Continuing Education, Communications or Nominating please let me know. Much of the work of IACRL is done through conference calls so there is little need to travel. I am especially interested in learning what your “specialty” is for libraries. What are the things you are really good at doing and really enjoy? Take a moment to let me know on this Google Form: https://forms.gle/tUbxXT9MGUY6Rs5e6 or you can let us know at the IACRL booth at the conference.
Finally, I would like to thank the previous President, Eric Edwards, and Secretary/Treasurer, Carl Lehnen, for their work and dedication to IACRL. I also welcome the newly elected Sue Franzen (Vice President/President-Elect) and Heather Jagman (Secretary/Treasurer).
Have a great year!