Technology Librarian | Talcott Free Library District
Posted on Mar 8, 2023
25 hours/week, $16-17/hourly, non-exempt, vacation/sick time eligible after 1 year, participation in IMRF/paid holidays immediately Schedule: Regular schedule includes 6 hours of desk coverage, Saturday rotation every other month. Days/hours to be determined after hire with director.
- Website updating and maintenance
- Social media oversight
- Schedule & provide computer training classes
- Resource person for computer/e-reader/tech questions/issues
- Resource person for databases offered on website
- Assist at circulation desk - tasks include: check in/check out, shelving & straightening, library card creation and renewal, computer and e-reader assistance, all ages reference assistance
- Act as liaison with IT consultants as needed
Come work at a charming small town library with a tight knit staff and a director that empowers staff to innovate and work independently. Our focus is on efficient and effective workflow and truly dynamic customer service. One circulation desk and zero self-checks, our library is all about face-to-face interaction and assistance. We're looking for someone energetic, motivated, and excited to work with the public and who fits in well to our friendly, outgoing staff culture. We strive to support equity, diversity, and inclusion and urge people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+, people of all ages, and people with disabilities to apply.
Talcott Free Library District is located in Rockton, north of Rockford near the WI border. We serve a population just over 11,000, are a part of the PrairieCat consortium, and recently completed a $2 million building renovation and addition.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years library work experience preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Talcott Free Library District
101 E Main St
Rockton, IL 61072
How to apply
Please send your resume ASAP to Megan Gove at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only emailed applications will be accepted.