Library Director | Paris Carnegie Public Library
Posted on Sep 8, 2022
Due to retirement, the Paris Carnegie Public Library is seeking a caring, creative, and confident new director. Located in east central Illinois, the library serves a community of 8,300 people. The new director will lead the library into the future by implementing services and programs to meet the needs and interests of the community.
Serving the community in a classic Carnegie building, the library director will manage a staff of 5 and work with the Board of Trustees, the Friends of the Library, and the community at large. The chosen leader will coordinate and cooperate with all patrons, government officials, and civic leaders.
A full job description can be found here: https://parispubliclibrary.org/director-opening/
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline area of study, five years of library experience with 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of modern library programs, classification and selection techniques, community library needs and resources.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement a comprehensive library program.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing and to establish and maintain working relationships with employees, board, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to maintain computers and to troubleshoot computer and network issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the board of trustees to support the overall mission of the library.
$42,000 -- $50,000 with generous benefits package including paid sick leave, health insurance, IMRF
Paris Carnegie Public Library
207 S. Main St.
Paris, IL 61944
How to apply
Please apply by sending a cover letter, a resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org