Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist | RAILS - Reaching Across Illinois Library System
Posted on Aug 5, 2022
- Are you interested in creating a wide variety of digital content to help showcase the programs/services offered by a nationally known library system and to promote the value of library service in general?
- Are you skilled at filming, producing, and editing videos that are engaging, entertaining, and informative?
- Are you a pro at using social media to foster deeper relationships and engage new audiences?
- Would you like to work with a team of fun, hardworking, creative, and collaborative co-workers who are committed to providing the best possible service to 1,269 academic, public, school, and specialized member libraries across a 27,000 square mile area?
If you answered yes to all these questions, you're the perfect candidate for our new Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist position.
The Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS), is known throughout the state of Illinois and beyond for providing a wide variety of innovative and vital services for libraries of all types. Our challenge is ensuring that the thousands of staff members at our 1,269 member libraries know about these offerings. We also want to help our members promote their services more effectively. That's where this position comes in. You will help us take advantage of the growing popularity of digital communication to make our libraries more aware of all RAILS offerings, help libraries demonstrate their value to their stakeholders, and spread the word about the value of library service in general.
We're looking for someone with a creative eye and experience producing a variety of successful digital marketing and communication campaigns from start to finish using different platforms, including but not limited to video, social media, email, and websites. You'll work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications and other RAILS staff to identify promotional opportunities and challenges and to develop digital communications to engage our members and meet those challenges.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ideating, planning, scripting, filming, editing, and posting original video content to RAILS digital communication channels and sharing videos with member libraries for posting on their communication channels. Will also involve traveling to member library locations to film videos as appropriate.
- Helping to maintain and grow RAILS' social media presence, including posting/interacting with users on a regular basis, sharing content RAILS members can use to promote RAILS services to their community of users, and investigating/recommending new social media platforms to engage RAILS members.
- Creating, designing, and producing additional digital communications to engage staff at all levels from all types of RAILS libraries, including but not limited to email marketing campaigns, blog posts, interactive reports for the RAILS website (such as annual reports), and online ads for RAILS and member library websites.
- Monitoring the impact of RAILS digital communication activities through reports and dashboards; analyzing data using established metrics; and recommending innovative strategies to improve and enhance RAILS' digital presence.
What RAILS offers:
- Competitive pay
- A generous benefits package that includes health insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off
- Comfortable office working environment and opportunities to telecommute
- Opportunities for professional development and participation in professional organizations
RAILS is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent is a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization's achievement as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make individual's unique.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in communications, marketing, digital media, or related field.
- Minimum of two years' demonstrated experience with leading digital communication or marketing campaigns, including producing a wide range of innovative and engaging marketing and communication pieces across a variety of digital platforms.
- Minimum of two years' experience creating engaging content and building/maintaining a robust follower base on a variety of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Familiarity with social media scheduling tools like Buffer, Creator Studio, and Hootsuite.
- Minimum of two years' experience with all stages of video production, including idea development, scripting, filming/production, and editing.
- Experience working with digital design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools, such as Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and aspects of search engine optimization.
- Familiarity with HTML, coding, and tags.
- Familiarity with a website content management system, such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Experience working with or in libraries a definite plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people, including RAILS members from all types of libraries, colleagues at all levels of the RAILS organization, and others.
- Ability to think creatively and "out of the box," and to come up with new and innovative ways to use RAILS digital channels to engage members and to promote RAILS programs/services.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
$46,239 - $57,798
RAILS - Reaching Across Illinois Library System
125 Tower Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
How to apply
How to join our team……
If you would like to support our member libraries please apply on the RAILS Job Board at: https://jobs.railslibraries.org/
Application deadline: August 19, 2022.
This position will be based out of the Burr Ridge Service Center: 125 Tower Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527.