Business & Consumer Services Librarian - Full Time | Elmhurst Public Library
Posted on May 5, 2022
At Elmhurst Public Library our creative, tech-savvy, service-oriented team makes a positive impact in the lives of our patrons. We’re seeking a candidate to help us meet our patrons’ expectations for exemplary service by providing advanced reference and advisory services, delivering innovative programming, promoting and facilitating access to collections and services, supporting a culture of learning, and working together to make the Library a great place to be and work. The Business & Consumer Services Librarian acts as a liaison to the local business community and supports the needs of consumers through networking, outreach, partnerships, programming, staff instruction, consultations and targeted services. See the job description for more information.
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week including regular nights and weekends on rotation.
BENEFITS: Enrollment in IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund), excellent medical insurance (including coverage options for spouse or family), 8 weeks of paid parental leave, 4 personal days, 12 sick days, 7 paid holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year. Plus optional 457 deferred retirement plan.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and social skills.
- Personal dedication to public service and strong customer service skills
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Must have valid Illinois driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
- Experience working with the public.
- Experience planning and leading programs.
- Experience conducting business-related research.
- Knowledge of business research tools (e.g. DemographicsNOW and Reference Solutions by Data Axle).
- Experience with community outreach and/or business networking.
$48,477.00 - $53,000 annually based on qualifications and experience.
Elmhurst Public Library
125 S Prospect Ave
Elmhurst, IL 60126
How to apply
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Please include in one merged PDF file a cover letter, resume, and three professional references (name, professional relation, email address) and a response to the supplemental question.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTION: In one page or less, describe how you would meet our patrons' expectations for exemplary service as the Business and Consumer Services Librarian.