ELECTRONIC RESOURCES AND TECHNOLOGY LIBRARIAN - FULL TIME, TENURE TRACK FACULTY | Harper College
Posted on Jan 7, 2022
Creating > Sharing > Inspiring
TEACH YOUR PASSION
Contemplate, explore, and expound upon the subject you love. Bring your enthusiasm to life as an instructor at Harper College, where your work can have its greatest impact upon individuals from a wide variety of cultures. Feel the elation, as our students take your desire for excellence and make it their own.
We welcome you to inspire others, contribute to your profession, and enjoy the complete educational experience, collegial setting, and advanced technological resources of Harper. Teach more than your discipline. Teach your passion.
ELECTRONIC RESOURCES AND TECHNOLOGY LIBRARIAN - FULL TIME, TENURE TRACK FACULTY
Harper College is currently accepting applications for the Electronic Resources and Technology Librarian - Full Time Tenure Track Faculty position.
The Harper College Library includes 6 full-time faculty who oversee and maintain Library services. The Library is the academic hub of the campus and serves 27 communities in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and more than 13,000 students in a wide variety of transfer and career programs.
The Electronic Resources and Technology Librarian (ERTL) is responsible for administering the Library’s web presence and managing the life cycle of electronic resources, including journals, databases, and e-books. The ERTL also supervises the operation of the Library Makerspace and acts as point person for Libguide development and maintenance. Finally, the ERTL will serve as a leader in exploration, identification, implementation, and evaluation of new technologies and their use in the library setting.
- At least a Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Strong customer service attitude, as well as a positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems
- Ability to adapt to change; to plan, implement and assess projects
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Working knowledge of metadata standards and best practices
- Experience working with e-resources in a consortium or shared environment
- Working knowledge of digital tools, standards and initiatives, such as ONIX, SUSHI, Open URL, KBART and COUNTER
- Prior experience with Alma and Primo (Ex Libris)
- Working knowledge of user design/end user experience
- Experience developing instructional support materials (e.g., research guides, video tutorials, etc.)
To learn more about this opportunity and apply, visit us at: http://jobs.harpercollege.edu/cw/en-us/job/494215?lApplicationSubSourceID=
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
1200 West Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067
How to apply
To learn more about this opportunity and apply, visit us at: