Acquisitions Financial Assistant | DePaul University
Posted on Sep 10, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Acquisitions & Electronic Resources Librarian, the Acquisitions Financial Assistant is responsible for acting as the main financial liaison for the acquisition of library materials and oversees the processing of invoices and receiving of library materials in all formats.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Invoice Processing
- Receive, verify for accuracy, and pay invoices for all library materials: select and assign appropriate funds, stamp and prepare to make adjustments as necessary invoices for payment by Accounts Payable and by department Procurement card, maintain ledgers of invoice payments; maintain paperwork in department files.
- Generate and distribute budget status reports to various Library staff members and committees.
- Receiving and Collections Management
- Oversee the receipt of all library materials including sorting of materials received from Distribution Services, check-in to the library service platform, applying physical processing when necessary, and forwarding materials to other library staff for shelving, binding, or additional bibliographic treatment.
- Participate in departmental projects to identify and correct bibliographic and holdings records discrepancies in multiple library systems.
- Student and Part-Time Staff Management
- Hires, trains and supervises student and part-time acquisitions assistants to complete daily receiving tasks and department projects as assigned.
- Account Reconciliation
- Reconcile statements for all materials/services for which the department is responsible for payment.
- Check and compare monthly department ledgers with monthly Accounts Payable reports.
- Communicate with vendor billing departments, Accounts Payable, and appropriate Library staff as needed to resolve.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 1-year experience with interpreting and maintaining financial data.
- Minimum 1- year experience in Library technical services in an academic library setting.
- Minimum 1- year experience working with library service platforms (Alma), bibliographic utilities, and Oracle Cloud financial system and EDI invoice processing.
2350 N. Kenmore
Chicago, IL 60614
How to apply
Click here to view the announcement in its entirety and to apply.