Information Services Manager | Gail Borden Public Library
Posted on Feb 4, 2021
Gail Borden Public Library located in Elgin, IL is seeking an organized and experienced Librarian who can manage and work alongside a dedicated team of Superstars in our Information Services Department. This full-time position is under the general direction of the Director of Information Services and will manage the work of the department’s Library Associates and Clerks. The ideal candidate must be highly organized with effective leadership skills and sound judgment to effectively lead others in a kind and compassionate manner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing support staff
- Being a model to others for excellent customer service
- Responding to customer inquiries at the public Information Desk
- Serving as a U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent*
- Planning and teaching classes (virtually and in-person)
- Working collaboratively with other departments and actively participating in various committees
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited library school
- Minimum three years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library position including supervisory experience
- Positive attitude in support of the library’s mission, vision, and values
- Spanish language skills are a plus
*Eligibility requirements to become a U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent:
- U.S. citizen or a U.S. non-citizen national
- 18 years of age or older
- Does not have a record of either: (i) A Federal or State felony conviction; or (ii) A misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving moral turpitude or breach of trust, including but not limited to embezzlement, identity theft, misappropriation, document fraud, drug offenses, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
$56,121.00 DOQ + Excellent Benefits including IMRF, insurance and time-off benefits.
GailBorden Public Library
270 N. Grove Avenue
Elgin, IL 60120
How to apply
Submit the Employment Application, a cover letter, and resume → email@example.com